Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any body have moving message display circuit using P8049AH

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu_mca06

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have the entire working circuit but the circuit is using by P8049AH Microcontroller (Intel) and EPROM as M2732A-2F1.

My problem is its moving message with full of junk characters while power on. So I need to feed my own data. How can I do it? and the unit has serial port (RS-232) how can we use this port to write data into it?

Thanks,
Chandra

Re: Any body have moving message display circuit using P8049

P8049 doesn’t have UART so if the circuit has a serial port it is most likely done by bit banging ..
To learn what it’s doing there step-by-step you have to read the contents of the EPROM (2732) ..
Once you have the HEX file you can try to disassemble it and find out how the user data is handled; it’s also possible that this circuit is based on a fixed message(s) and that it resides in the EPROM, but, .. you have to read it (2732) first ..

Rgds,
IanP

Re: Any body have moving message display circuit using P8049

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and can I know is there any possible ay to replace EPROM with EEPROM. If yes means can I know the complete details. I want to use it for home purpose but with more messages and date and time too. How can we enter dump the program in to EPROM or EEPROM.

Thanks,
Chandra.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.