Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with high speed data transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingyuexin

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to work on communication between two board A and B equipped with FPGA,440 bits data must be transfered from A to B in 3 us,
there are three lines for communication.In addition,there are 8 A boards must communicated with B simutaneously, I use DS coding to transmit,
which works at 200MHZ for communication of one A and B,but when it comes to communication of 8 A and B,it doesn't work even at 100MHZ,probably
it's because crosstalk.I don't know how to solve this problem?Anybody has solution?Perhaps I can change the way of communication,but what else
communication protocol can I use? I don't have many experiences about design of FPGA,can anybody help me to work this problem out,any suggestion
is appreciated.
PS,board A contains virtex2,board B contains virtex4,so SERDES is not suitable here.
board A has only virtex2,nothing else processor.
board B has only virtex4,nothing else processor.

some supplements here:
No data should be transferred from B to A.
I use LVDS for the interconnect
I just did the test in only B board,which means B sends and B receives it back.
For one link,it workes reliably.
But for more than one link,it doesn't work,the received data is wrong.when I do post simulation in questasim,more than one links receiver have unknown state.even if I reduce the speed to 100 MHZ,I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back