Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck converter using the UC3843 driving a N-Chanel Mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMIR_SBG

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uc3843

Hi,
I am Samir, I am a electronic engineer.

I have made successfully a DC-DC boost converter (12 to 19V/5A) with the UC3843,
but i found a problem to make a Buck converter with N-Chanel Mosfet.

If someone have an idea about how to drive a N-Chanel Mosfet with UC3843 in Buck topology, please help me.
Thanks.
SAMIR.

buck converter mosfet

Hi,
Please spell out regarding the particular of a buck circuit you want to indulge with. Input voltage, output power and voltage requirement etc. then help can be provided.Even a detail circuit also can be provided. Thanks.

uc3843 buck converter

There are two points contradicting usage of UC3843 and similar in this case.
- A level shifting driver with boostrap function would be needed
- There's no simple way to connect the current measurement, that is expected for current mode operation.

In my opinion, it's much simpler to use one of various available buck converter controllers for an external NFET switch.

uc3843 boost converter

As FvM mentionned, you need a level shifting circuit between this driver and your MOSFET.
You can do it using a transformer, this will help you to get a floating node voltage to the MOSFET gate.
A transformer 1:1 turns ratio is usually sufficient.

Re: Buck converter using the UC3843 driving a N-Chanel Mosfe

Hi , you can probe an Sepic version of same circuit .

Reactions: Ravi_K

Ravi_K

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.