+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 5

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

ic 7294

Hi!

got a problem with a amplifier I built.

the amplifier is the kit from kitsrus nr 106 :http://kitsrus.com/pdf/k106.pdf consisting mainly of the IC: tda 7294

I get sound out of the circuit. BUT after a short while the sound deteriorate and gets very poor and distorted. if I disconnect the power and immediately connect again the sound gets clear but again distorted after a short while.

if I turn up the volume on the input pins it also clears for a short while. why?

anyone got any clues what this might depend on?

I power it from 3st 12v batteries because its used in a portable soundsystem. I use the 2 pins called +34v and -34v but leaves out the middle 0v. I gues 0v is used for some kind of stabilising if using unfiltered DC current?

Would be great with some support! my knowleadge of audio amplifiers are very limited.

thanks! //L

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Helped
    2666 / 2666
    Level

tda amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by Linusswe
    ... I use the 2 pins called +34v and -34v but leave out the middle 0v.
    So you didn't connect IC1-pin4 (& R2, C2) to Gnd ? Could be dangerous for your elkos and (output) transistors!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linusswe
    I gues 0v is used for some kind of stabilising if using unfiltered DC current? //L
    No; it's absolutely necessary to connect Gnd. Failing this is likely the reason for your pb. Don't forget to insulate the IC from the heatsink (s. p. 2)!

•   AltAdvertisement

Newbie level 5

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

tda ic amplifier

Hi erikl!

thanks for your response!

yes IC1 pin4 is connected to ground and also r2 and c2
    I didnt mean the pin on the IC but the power pins on the PCB! sorry about the confusion.

so gnd on IC is connected to gnd on PCB but then I dont understand how I should connect ground to "DC gnd" because that and -34v is not the same.

Im confused of the separation of -DC and gnd isnt that the same thing?

•   AltAdvertisement

Junior Member level 2

Helped
    6 / 6
    Level

Re: problem with amplifier built around ic tda 7294

Hi,

You should be using six 12V batteries ---- 3 to generate +36V and other 3 to generate -36V (not 34V). Centre point of 6 batteries which are connected in series is the ground point, with respect to which you measure +36V and -36V. Connect this ground with PCB ground.

If you are using lead-acid battery, voltage can go as high as 13.8V under fully charged condition. That means maximum terminal voltage can rise upto +/-41.4V. Make sure that the IC can withstand this supply.

--[[ ]]--