Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupling signals onto DC power lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhendrix

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a system with a master and multiple slaves. I currently have separate power and communication wires. (I'm using cat 5 cables). I would like to only have 2 wires and run the communications on the power wires using FSK.

I'm thinking of pulling the signal off with a capacitor and then feeding it into an opamp.
What I'm having trouble is getting the signal on to the power lines. I've thought about using a transformer (like what's in a modem) to inductively couple the signal onto the power, but I'm having trouble designing a circuit to do this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

I hope, i have understand properly.

Check in the figure i drawn for you. Connect your amplifier/transmiter to the side of C and DC wire in the end "C1".

The value of C and C1 will depend on the frequency of FSK signal . also , core of transformer will depend on the frequency , too[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back