Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase signal noise ratio at the output signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
signal noise ratio

hi
i have a signal at the output of quadratur LNA,i do need to Combine this signal and increas signal noise ratio of that at the output signal.
pleas anyone has any schematic for that???

Re: signal noise ratio

any idea guys?????

Try with a quadrature hybrid circuit like a branch line hybrid combiner. Signals will sum in voltage and noise in power (sqrt(2) increase over SNR).
Bye Mrm

Does signal is analogue or not?

the signals are analogue.
pleas if you have any schematic
send it to me
regards

any idea guys to increas the signal to noise ratio????

The only way to increase the SNR is to raise the signal level before the noise is added or reduce the added noise.

1. Use an amplifier with lower noise figure.

2. Raise the signal level at the source.

try my previous suggestions: noise are uncorrelated and sum by power. Signals are correlated and sum by power. It's the principle of diversity receiption.

I presume you are talking about a receiver signal to noise ratio. What you need to concern is the front end circuit of the receiver. As flatulent explained, use lower noise figure amplifier as front end LNA. Try using lower insertion loss bandpass filter (if necessary) before LNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back