Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toggle action in Flip flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means, that every time the J and K inputs are in 1. When a rising clock pulse appears, will change boths outputs Q and /Q. If Q was 1, then with the clock pulse will change to 0, and /Q will be allways the opposite to Q.

Have a nice day

what exactly do you need to know. Just how a JK flip flop works??

In a J-K flip-flop in toggle mode it changes state on every clock pulse. This happens when the Set and Reset or J- K are both "High"

Does this help? sorry if it doesnt if it doesnt just let me know and i will try and explain more...

In a J-K flip-flop in toggle mode it changes state on every clock pulse.

my question is >How does it change to alternate states. ?

When both inputs are 1 ,the output of nor gates is forced to 0,then how come they toggle ?[/quote]

I hope this link can explain u ...........

**broken link removed**

srikar said:

When both inputs are 1 ,the output of nor gates is forced to 0,then how come they toggle ?
[/quote]

When both inputs are in 1, not the nor inputs are in 1. First Q and /Q are always differents. J and K goes to a AND gate, so the nor gates are one in 1 and other in 0. When pulse detector sends the 1 to AND inputs, at outputs of AND will have the negate value. Cause one gate have the Q as input, and other gate has the /Q input.Resulting the Q and /Q will toggle.

to answer your question in a system point of view, the two stage circuit form a positive feedback. So instead of keep stabel at a certain bias, the circuit jumps to an extreme stage after an input and stay locked there

srikar said:

When both inputs are 1 ,the output of nor gates is forced to 0,then how come they toggle ?
[/quote]

every thing because of its internal connection between two logic gates

Status
Not open for further replies.