Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i measure 2 seperate audio signals on one line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjfabiszak

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to measure an audio signal on one line. The only problem is that it has two audio frequencies on the one line one at 2670hz and the other at 1440hz. I obviously cannot just measure it with an o-scope. So my question is there a piece of test equipment that can measure both the audio frequencies? Thank you very much...

I am trying to verify that the audio signal is infact at the right frequency of 1440hz. The problem with the o-scope is that also on the same line there is also a audio signal of 2670hz on it. So if I tried to verify that the frequency is there i would see on the o-scope alot of distortion because it will be picking up both waveforms mixed together. I need to seperate them somehow or filter out one of the audio freqs. Does anyone know a piece of test equipment that will do that?

use two separate filter whose cutoff frequencies are as mentioed by you.these can help you to separate the two frequencies..from that point you can measure each audio signals

use a spectrum analyzer (expensive javascript:emoticon(':cry:'))

**broken link removed**

Regards

Use 2 band-pass filters. Passive ones may work: inductor-capacitor type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back