Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wanted to learn Semiconductor Physics from basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar_eee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
semiconductor basics

Can anyone guide me to learn semiconductor physics from the basics.. basically i'm not from science background, I have to start from basic physics.

I would appreciate if you let me know which book to start & from where to start....

good semiconductor physics books

It is really helpful to have some idea of Statistical Mechanics, especially FD statistics before starting semiconductor physics. Because, in semiconductor physics everything starts from Fermi level and carrier densities.

Streetman Banerjee is a good book to start semiconductor physics.

kumar_eee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
semiconductor physics

Actually whenever I see the equations, I'm getting frustrated.. what should I do to get familiar with all the equations..

semiconductor physics book

I recommend working through a book like "Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences" by Boaz.

A book like this assumes that you know basic algebra and calculus, then teaches you the specific math that a scientist would need to know that they wouldn't really see anywhere else. It covers basic Linear Algebra, Statistics, Vectors, Tensors, all that stuff. All the application is geared toward use in a physical situation.

It makes a great reference for working math that you haven't really seen in a classroom setting, and will save a lot of time wrestling with math when you should be focusing on concepts

kumar_eee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
milliman and halkias

Go for the Semiconductor Physics by S.M.Sze..Its a excellent book to start with..!!

meyer semiconductor book

look at neamnes book of solid state electronics,i don't remember the exact name,but i'll tell u later

basics of semiconductor physics

Hi kumar_eee

" Fundamentals of Microelectronics " by " Razavi " is an exellent resourse.

Hope it helps !!

what should i learn semiconductors

For semicon physics related and plenty of equations:
-Gray and Meyer
-Milliman and Halkias
For practical theory + applications :
-Malvino
-David Bell
-Boyelstad and Nashelsky

math for semiconductor physics

Try Introduction To Semiconductor Materials And Devices by M S Tyagi

good semiconductor books

I believe these might provide a good start:

Millman and halkias
Boylstead
Benjamin Streetman

scientist post in india semiconductor physics

Hi,

Yes as someone told "Solid State Electronic Devices - Ben Streetman and Sanjay Banerjee" is a good book. But before that you study the book "Electrical Properties of Materials - Solymar and Walsh". This book will give you all the ideas from scratch. Atleast study first few chapters on atomic models, fermi-levels, Dielectrics, etc. and then jump to Ben Streetman book. Ofcourse you should be able to understand some equations which requires some basics of Probability theory.

by Srinivasan

semiconductor physics study note

try ART OF ELECTRONICS BY paul horowitz and winfield hill IS very useful book to all of us..it is very concise and useful.

physics basics

A good start could be pierret's book "Semiconductor fundamentals" or try reading tsividis' book "operation and modelling of the mos transistor".

start semiconductor physics from basic

hi,

I advice u to go through the book David A.bell... but if u r comfortable with it then its ok.. else first go thro local author book by R.S Sedha and then read David A.bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back