Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer v6.9 polygon clearance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zementmartin

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a problem with Altium Designer v6.9. I dicussed the problem with my teammates but nobody could help me with that. So I hope someone here could help me.

I created a clearance rule for my GND polygon with the following entries:
First Query: InPolygon
Second Query: All
Different Nets Only
Minimum Clearance 0.2mm
Priority of the rule: 1 (highest)

The problem is that the distance between a track and the polygon is 0.25mm and not 0.2mm but the distance between all other objects is correct, for example between a pad and the polygon it is 0.2mm. It doesnt matter what kind of value I choose for the clearance it is always 0.05mm higher between a track and the polygon. I tried 3mm then its 3.05mm, if I choose 0.3mm then it is 0.35mm (only between a track and the polygon, all other distances are correct).

I couldnt find an option or a rule that is responsable for the error.

Any idea what I can try to solve the problem?

Thank you for your help

kind regards

@ltium Designer v6.9 polygon clearance problem

just try to measure it accurately it does happens in altium that it does not snaps to the edge of the track.
your difference is so small so it might be possible.
try reducing the grid and than again measure the distance.

Hello,

thats right, I already chose a very fine grid to mesure the distance but there is definitely a difference. By the way, you dont have to measure it you can see it, too. I made a screenshot and highlighted one of the tracks. As you can see on the picture the gap becomes thinner at the point where the track ends. It has nothing to do with the polygon cut out area between the pads. If I remove the cut out area its the same result.

thanks for the tip

Hi zementmartin,

What other rules do you have in "Design>>Rules>>Electrical>>Clearance"? I suspect there's another rule that is conflicting. Additionally, what do you have set in "Preferences>>PCB Editor>>General>>Metric Precision"?

If it is easier for you, you can save the electrical rules, zip or rar them, and attach them to your post. You do that by selecting the rules in the Design Rules dialog, right clicking, and selecting "Export" from the right click menu.

I looked carefully at a board here, and I don't see any indication of a problem similar to yours. There has to be something in your settings or with your board that is causing this.

Better than just the rules, if you can, zip or rar your PCBDoc file and PM it to me, I'll have a look using my setup, and see if I can identify the source of the problem.

House_Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back