Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buffer Insertion Problem - which buffer, optimum delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakoee

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Buffer Insertion Problem

I am trying to insert buffer (repeater) on a specefic net in Synopsys IC compiler. I have some issues about that:

1- in order to find the optimum delay and the optimum number of buffers, I need to know the exact amount of Resistance and Capacitance of teh buffer. but I could not find the R and C of the Buffer cells in the .lib file. I mean the R and C that I can use in the Rabay's book formula as the R and C of repeater
I use TSMC 65 nm.

2- I dont know which buffer I should select from the library. there are a number of buffers. I know that I should gradually increase the size of buffer. but my problem is the size of first buffer. is there an yformual that give me size of first buffer based on the wire's Length, R and C.

3- how Can I calculate the optimum delay of buffer insertion for each wire with the length of L and R and C , if the capacitance of the driver is 0(Zero)

Buffer Insertion Problem

I think you're making the problem too difficult. Ask you library guy what is the drive strength of the buffer family in terms of standard load or capacitance... capacitance is better. Calculate the length of wire that equals that capacitance and have ICC insert buffer by length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back