Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency of this RFID tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranam77

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rfid tag l-c circuit

I found this Adhesive RFID tag in a product i bought in a Super market. By interest while i had a close look, I was suprised to see there was no RFID chip in it. It was just a lable with Alluminium tracks coiled and the two ends were shorted by the blue link. I found no relating documents about this Tag on the net. Can anyone share his/her knowledge about how these tags work and what is thier frequency of operation. Thanks a lot in advance.

lc resonant passive tag

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_article_surveillance
These are basically passive tags without any electronics, just a LC tank circuit detected by the transceiver. As an option, they can disabled by destroying the capacitor in a strong field, so the tag can stay atached to the article without causing alarm.

pranam77

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
rfid frequency 13

This seems just EAS(Electronic Article Survelliance) tag used in markets for antitheft alarm. as told by FVM a resonance(LC) circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back