Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How x^n+y^n=z^n has no integer solution for n>2 and x,y,z

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafer101

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simon singh last fermat theorem

any one can show me this proof x^n+y^n=z^n has no integer solutions for n>2 and x,y,z not equal to zero.

or has some paper showing this. .....good luck.

wafer101

Re: proove that x^n+y^n ....

Hi brother!
It's problem are hard problem of modern mathematics, is know how "The Last Problem of Fermat"....
He solved in last sec. by english mathematician, search in google and you may found more information about this.
For start the resolution of this problem is necessary great acknolodge in many mathematics areas by:
-calculus
-number theory
-group theory
-algebra
Good look
gorkin

PROVE TO ME THAT YOU'RE DIVINE ...CHANGE MY WATER INTO WINE!

This is known as the DIOPHANTINE equation .. a CONJECTURE known for thousands of years .. . Fermat a GREAT ,GREAT FRENCH mathematician . anounced that he had A PROOF . Unfurtunatly the proof got lost .. And it took 300 more years to be proved .. The proof is a TECHNOLOGICAL TOUR DE FORCE .. It envolves transformations of the form of the equation and manipulations in recent mathamatics ... Is a not a beautiful proof, NOT elegant , But probably a starting point to go back to NUMBER THEORY and try to find an equivalent proof there!
look for the NOTES on FERMAT'S last THEOREM by A.J. VAN DER POORTEN Macquarie UNIVERSITY .

I think if anybody was able to prove it, he would be rich! Ther'se a nice book on a possible way to prove it (Last Fermat Theorem...I miss the author), but it's very hard and the algebra used is very complex (strings)...I don't think this was Fermat's idea. Some mathematician told me tha wath is written there don't prove this theorem....but I'm not so patientfull to read it. Bye Mrm

Hello guys This Q. was just for joke. I know about this. It is a very hard one.....

but I think It has already been solved by Andrew Wiles from Princeton or so ..... isn't it ?

i have found a very elegant proof of this but, alas, i don't have enough room here....

Here is the link for the solution:

**broken link removed**

The text is in Italian, but you can use google or other translators.

Mandi

a good popularization (meaning no phd required) is

"Fermat's Enigma: The Epic Quest to Solve the World's Greatest Mathematical Problem"

at better libraries everwhere

The best leisure book on this topic was "Fermat's Last Theorem" by Simon Singh, the author of "the Code Book". The problem was solved in around 1994 by Andrew Wiles after essentially locked himself up in closet for 7 years.... The original papers for the proof is about 140 pages long ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back