Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help - Sony Trinitron Audio Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_risk_master

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sony trinitron 27 japanese

My TV Sony Trinitron FSS series has a sound/audio problem, at startup power ON, the sound is so faint (no sound/if audio volume is increased garbled sound), when operating the TV is prolonged, the sound will become good and clear...

Why is that? Please give me tips and solutions to remedy

Thanks a lot,
the_risk_master

Added after 1 minutes:

PS

I already have the schematic diagram, but where to find the fault?

sony trinitron sound problems

First check if the problem comes from the Tuner .. This you can do by using a VCR if the problem persists .Then we know is not the tuner . The it could be the capacitors around the audio chip ,or the audio chip itself ! .

sony trinitron sound issues

Usually tunners are hard to repair.Only if you know what you are doing you should try to resolder it with a "proper" soldering iron .Otherwise just replace it ..This is not hard .
If this is an old set .Is probably not worth it to invest money .So you can always use it with the VCR by using the VCR tuner for reception .And use the video inputs and audio in the TV ..

I guess that's that. Problem must be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.