Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with design of 40 Mhz clock generator(oscillator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep_sggs

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
40mhz clock

Dear all,

i want to design an clock generator(oscillator) with peak output voltage of 5v and output frequency of 40 Mhz.

Can any body suggest me any solutions.......
M not good at analog circuits design.....I need this clock source for testing my digital design..

generate 40 mhz clock

ok try to use a crystal oscillator 20M and a multiplier and configure it but 2 "20X2=40M"
there are alot of frequency generator ic ,i used one before but i couldn't remember its name now :( see this ic "MAX038"
but look at this link
http://www.google.com.eg/search?hl=ar&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=1Kl&q=frequency+generator+IC&btnG=%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%AB!&meta=

Re: 40 Mhz clock

hi mr_byte31,
Thanks for the reply.. I downloaded the datasheet of max 038. Can u upload fully working circuit of my desired specifications with component value(if u have it already)...
Thanks in advance....

40 Mhz clock

I didn't come clear, why a standard 40 MHz crystal oscillator available from any qualified electronics store shouldn't fit?

MAX038 is out of production since considerable time.

Status
Not open for further replies.