Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lens for concentrating solar power ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

js

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
solar lens

Any tip to buy lenses for concentrating solar power (in europe)
Any good place in www world!? At moment I need small concentrator!

p.s.
I need for concentrate low sunlight power into about 1cm2

p.s.2
maybe in the futire I need for big power photovioltaic solar panes....

solar power 2009 lens

Hi,

If you need moderate size, and cheap, lenses, you might consider salvaging parts from "old junk": Many companies are throwing out old overhead projectors (those showing images on transparent film) as everybody is using digital projectors nowadays.

Also old photographic darkroom "magnifying machines" have large condersen lenses, which would propably do the trick. You could look for any local online auction or recirculation site or similar for such equipment!

- Ted

fresnel lenses solar power concentrating

Take a look to fresnel lenses: they can be a really cheap solution to your requirements.

concentrating lenses

fresnel lenses from PIR sensors are good or not?

concentrating solar power with lens

I don't think so: they are designed for a completely different usage.
BTW they are transparent to IR, not visible light...

fresnel lenses concentrating solar power

...and where is possible get correct fresnel lenses?

where to buy concentrating lenses

Lenses should be specified in terms of focal length and diameter/aperture. Do you know your requirements?

As a general question regarding your application: Concentrating solar power from a larger entrance area to a smaller target implies a tracking mechanism. How do you achieve it? Also, there's most likely a problem of overheating the solar cells. Did you calculate, what's the maximum allowed concentration factor with direct sun exposure?

Reactions: JanIan

JanIan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
solar lens power

I think a simple search with the following keywords will help you: "fresnel lens buy"...

You can also check the following address for a reputable seller:

Status
Not open for further replies.