Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

implementing 16:1 serialization using Xilinx OSERDES

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremylbt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help Needed!!!

How do i implement a 16:1 serialization using Xilinx OSERDES given that the OSERDES core has a maximum input of 10 using DDR mode?

Re: Help Needed!!!

Why not make the interface 8 bits wide and then write the data in two accesses?

Radix

Hi Radix,

Thanks for ur suggestion. But can u elaborate on your point? Does it coincide with the attached drawing?

jeremylbt,

Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. The drawback is that now when you go to combine the 1-bit outputs of the two serdes blocks you'll have to run that clock at twice the speed compared to if you only had a single 16:1 block.

Radix

jeremylbt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

radix said:
jeremylbt,

Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. The drawback is that now when you go to combine the 1-bit outputs of the two serdes blocks you'll have to run that clock at twice the speed compared to if you only had a single 16:1 block.

Radix

FYI i've found a solution to the above issue. I split my 16bit input data into 2 8bit data and multiplex them into a pair of master/slave serdes to get a 1 bit 16:1 serialized output.

Thanks for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back