Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert capacitance signal to voltage signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumani

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to convert capacitance to voltage

hi..
I'm an engineering faculty undergraduate, and new to this field. i m using HCH-1000 Capacitive Humidity Sensors for my project. now I'm facing a problem to connect it with PIC.
i would like to know that how to interface this sensor with PIC micro controller. could you please suggest me a circuit diagram that can be used to connect humidity sensor HCH-1000-001 with the PIC 16f877a.

or simply could you please suggest a circuit to convert capacitance signal to voltage signal
capacitance varies in a range from 300 to 370 pF
the required out put voltage is 2V-5V

thank you
R.SuManAroObAn

One of the easiest ways to read capacitance is to use it as an element in some sort of oscillator, such that the frequency of the oscillator will change with capacitance. A circuit using a 555 timer or something similar would probably work. And a variable frequency output is very easy for a microcontroller to read, so you don't really need a voltage output.

If you want something more precise, and with a voltage output, then you'll want to use some type of charge amplifier, which can make either a DC or AC signal with amplitude based on capacitance.

Status
Not open for further replies.