Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beckman industrial circuitmate 9020 oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco antonio

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
beckman industrial

The problem with this oscilloscope is that I can not control the intensity with the front control but the focus is normal. It began when I was checking with the component tester and the resistor R504 was burning, I found the transistor T515 opened so I replaced the resistor an the 3 transistor T501,TT515, T502 but no help. I checked the values of VR565,VR564, VR566, VR562,R563, R561,R560, R559 all normal.
Continuty to G1 from VR566 normal. What else can I do.
I will appreciate your help.
rgds
Marco

circuitmate 9020

Hi!

I've a few suggestions!

*** First of all you must take the utmost care when measuring in the CRT grid/cathode circuit as an accidental test-prod slip will destroy the CRT!!! ***

*** You need a testmeter with 2.5kV insulation or preferably more *** for the following tests!!!

Check first of all the voltage across ZD502 - this should be 100V approx - this is the *** Negative GB source *** for the CRT grid/cathode circuit, and if ZD502 is s/c or leaky you will get maximum intensity with no control over it. If you're doubtful about making the tests, then renew R559 - R561 *** and also *** R563 using VR37 - rated HV resistors (Farnell), then fit a new zener (BZT03C100) in ZD502 position, then renew the intensity min/max presets VR564/VR565 and make sure the Customer Intensity control VR566 hasn't a dud spot!

Next you need to check the 33V rectified supply across ZD501 from the pink/white/orange leads (6.3V heater/31V) secondary of the transformer - you might as well replace all these components if you're not sure about 'em - they're cheap enough!!! Use a BZT03C33 for ZD501.

It appears you've also got a fault in the EHT regulation system since R504/T515/etc has failed. Replace R516/R517/R590 as a set along with the three BF459s as a set - leakage in any of them will destroy the others! The EHT feedback resistors are R508/R509 - use VR37 HV types for replacement purposes!

Its unlikely the '741 IC505 has failed but for what it costs turf it out if you're not sure!!! The system works as a variable resistance formed by the three transistors between the +ve return of the EHT tripler D502-D509 and chassis under the control of IC505 and the EHT preset VR510.

Thanks for posting the circuit extract - it helps others answer your query!!!

Good Luck!!!

Chris Williams

beckman 9020

Chris
thanks for your info I will take action on it and I will advice of results.
rgds
marco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back