Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Solved] Agilent ADS : determining impedance @ one point ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromatik

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

Maybe a quite stupid question, but... I'd like to know if it's possible to obtain impedance (A+jB) for a certain point in a simulated S-parameter circuit ?

I got the answer for the input, and the output of a circuit but... for any other point, is that possible ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards

Edit: to be more precise, I would like to know the impedance seen by a component placed in the circuit...

I think I miss something but...
Any help will be appreciated :)

Agilent ADS : determining impedance @ one point ??

hmmm... why dont you place a port at the desired node, and measure the reflection coefficient. From that you can obtain your Impedance.

Sidharth

Agilent ADS : determining impedance @ one point ??

That was my first approach, in fact.
But I noticed that the impedance depends on the value of the impedance of the port.
If I put a 50 ohms port, I got a value, and with a 10kohms port, another...

... maybe a denormalization problem I don't understand ?

Edit: I understand the reflexion coefficient depends on the source load, but I do not, when I'm looking in the Smith chart: if I understand well, the displayed value is normalized to the input port value, so it should not change ?

Where the hell am I wrong ??

Added after 4 hours 5 minutes:

... sometimes, searching worth the price you pay for :)

When you start the simulation, then obtain the Smith chart, then after mark for a certain frequency...

... then left double click on the info box (with frequency you picked up), goto Smith tab, and select which Z0 you're using !
By default, "normalized".

There was my problem !

Hope this could be useful for somebody else :)

Re: [Solved] Agilent ADS : determining impedance @ one point

Hi everybody, my question regarding the design of a matched network. It t is possible in ADS to design a network with a known value of gamma L and gamma S?
If not, at least how can I measure the value of source reflection coefficient and load reflection coefficient for a given network?

Status
Not open for further replies.