Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measure signal strength of WLAN card code in C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofi742

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wlaninfo.exe

Hi evryone
my problem is that i want to measure the signal strength of the signal received by my WLAN card,i have used NetStumbler but it only makes a graph of SNR out of it. what i want is to measure the exact value of SNR of signal strength. ive also read somewhere else that it can be done in C++ . if anybody knows how to do this thing. its urgent !!

c++ windows rssi

I do not think that this is a matter of what programming language you use. Generally the point is, is this information available on the card bus. Any language that can read the pc hardware should be ok. Maybe if you stated the manufacturer and model of the card, someone may have specific knowledge of this.

wlan rssi value code

A tool, that monitors WLAN RSSI with some additional hints. German site.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

It's said, that RSSI (in dBm) is a standard element reported by Windows WLAN driver, but not neccessarily scaled correctly.

roofi742

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
code for signal strength

ive also cheked these softwares that calculate signal strength:

wlaninfo : https://postdownload.filefront.com/...302f7ab2ef40d35854c9a3b648fa0577438da2314f5c1

wifisignalstrength : **broken link removed**

but the problem is that i want to collect these values of signal strength automatically .. so that when i start gettin different values , i can store them in a text file of somewhere else , in readable format.
i want to use these values somewhere else at later stage of my project.
is thr anything i cud do to read these values ??
is there any coding done to read them , in C++, matlab or assembly ??

i have the C++ code for this above mentioned WLANINFO.exe but its not working .. a lot of errors are there and some files are missing !!

can anyone help me out, solve this problem ??
its urgent !!

wlan signalstärke windows c++

i have the C++ code for this above mentioned WLANINFO.exe but its not working .. a lot of errors are there and some files are missing !!
May be a problem of your toolchain and available API libraries? Basically the program is supposed to use regular MS Windows API functions, so you should be able to understand it's operation and get the the missing parts from MSDN.

why must pc card measure signal strength

May be a problem of your toolchain and available API libraries?

ive altered the code and removed all the bugs except this one

cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

i cudnt find this .lib file on net, ive searched alot,does anybody knows where to find this ? am using Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows SP2 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.