Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS based Battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhav.k

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smps based battery charger

Hi Friends,
I am working on new design of SMPS based Battery charger.Total output rating of 300 watt 12V ad 24V selectable.
I am going to select UCC3804(Current Mode PWM controller) and UC3906(SLA Battrey charge).And using 2 switch forward converter topology
Can anybody tell me any another options for component selection Also please upload or mail me any reference design.

Thanks in advance
Vaibhav

what is smps based charger

i used that...i could find nothing...apart from on some app notes on texas site.....its a great chip but poorly served on info...........

But i ask you , does the 3906 power up first (it should) before the batt voltage is connected up?

remember........also how does it work if battery of the wrong voltage is connected the wrong way round, when its initially completely discharged?

and what about a ruined battery......one thats sulphated to hell and back...what if i connect that to your charger?

and what about feedback compensation.......3906 has compensatory R and C....how are yuo going to set these?.

and what happens when i buy your charger, and i leave a fully charged battery connected up and then switch off all the power to the factory cuzz im going home ....does your batt slowly discharge through the feedback divider?

vaibhav.k

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
battery charger using smps

Can anybody provide me reference schematic of 2 switch forward converter with some design calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back