Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to add two voltage signals without cap in analog design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh_dilwani

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
to add two voltage signals

I Have two signals V1 and V2 :
V1 can vary from 0.4 to 0.6
V2 can vary from 0 to 1
both signal go opposite to each other.
Can anybody provide me a CMOS transistor level circuit for doing above task.

thanks for your kind co-operation.

Re: how to add two voltage signals without cap in analog des

Hello,

I have few questions for you.

1. what is the operating frequency? and do both the signals have same frequency.
Do you mean literally adding the signals to each other under all conditions and are the signals always gonna be in opposite phase?

Added after 6 minutes:

and why would you not use an inverting op amp with the two signal inputs connected to the negative terminal with 2 individual resistors. If all the resistors were chosen to be of same value. You will have Vout = -(V1 + V2).

Is this what your application demands?

Re: how to add two voltage signals without cap in analog des

Hi,

1. The operating frequency of both the signals are same and they are inside the opamp circuitry .i,e.why i had asked only a basic circuit (using transistors only)to add
these two signals.
2.yes they are always in opposition in magnitude because one signal is a input (V2) and other is a feedback signal (V1) to cancel the effects of variation in input signal .

Did I answer your questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.