Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design monopole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadiriseri

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to everyone.
I want to design a wire monopole antenna with a rectangle ground plane in hfss. However,I need some help in excitation and radiation. Can antone help me??

Here is a monopole cantenna that I designed. It is pretty straight forward, and you should be able to tell what I did.

I made this using metal ducting from a hardware store and it performed very close to the simulated results.

Do you have a model started already? If you post it, I'll take a look at it and help you get everything properly defined.

AndyECE said:
Here is a monopole cantenna that I designed.

Do you think this is a monopole antenna? Are you sure you uploaded the correct file? it is a horn antenna I guess.

It is a cylindrical waveguide antenna, but it is actually using a monopole to generate the excitation. The method I used to define the wave port is exactly the way you would define it for a monopole on a ground plane.

If the procedure is not clear, please upload what you have so far and I will be glad to tweak it for you

Added after 4 minutes:

I guess you might say it is a "quarter wavelength dipole", but I assure you that the cylindrical housing is creating an image effect that is making this resonate like a half-wave dipole, and that what a monopole is all about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back