Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between FBUS and PDU protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need your thoughts on this:
Are FBUS protocol and PDU different from each other?

Re: FBUS and PDU

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
FBUS protocol is a type of PDU.
Its just that the FBUS protocol is more specific and can be applied to nokia phones.
The FBUS format and PDU format are the same including the content that it carries.

Please provide your comments...

The term PDU is most commonly used when talking about Networking. If you are familiar with the 7 layers of the OSI model, the term PDU is used to refer to the output of the different protocols in each layer. (Physical, Data Link, Network, etc). I believe this is explained in the Wikipedia site. So that means the term PDU is a "general" word to refer to data produce by a protocol after "encapsulating" the data coming from the lower layers. The FBUS is one type of such protocol where we can use the term "PDU" to refer to its data. Although I'm not sure up to what layer the FBUS protocol defines (I think up to Physical layer only, the lowest layer).

If you have taken a CCNA course, the PDU is very much explained. I hope this clears up some confusion. Please feel free to ask if you have more concerns and I will try to explain it further.

Yes, all you need is read the wiki links and I agree with gelidude about her opinion of PDU (in fews words): is nothing more than one encapsulation. The FBUS is the "fast bus" physical interface for communicate with some nokia mobiles. Nokia use other physical interface like M-BUS.

**broken link removed**

Gorkin

Status
Not open for further replies.