Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelsim vs ISE : usage of internal devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedman

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim 6.4+compxlib

Hi All,

I'm a novice in fgpa design. I worked on small asic design and now I'm design on xilinx fpga.

I don't understand how use correctly eda tools.

I mean :

I start with the schematic editor in ISE to choose the right devices and top-level design. I'm using a DCM and a FIFO.

After this I would simulate with modelsim but I dont know how link the library.

I read that on other simulator, as Active hdl, there are precompiled library for fpga. But not for modelsim.

How I can do this ?

A more general question : How the correct way to work ? Do you start form ISE to add embedded device by Architecture Wizard ? Or from an other tool and, in this case, only component and generic for embedded device.

Someone can clarify me how do this ?

speedman

ise vs modelsim

See if this helps

**broken link removed**

ise compile modelsim library

:| Thank you, but isn't my case.

I work with modelsim se and not xe. With xe no additional operation on library is needed but only init addition. This is what I read on xilinx and on the doc that you linked.

Who worl with modelsim SE ? Addional compilation is indicated on Xilinx site. But I dont known how to do it.

Please.....help me!

modelsim 6.4 ise

in modelsim 6.4 library are already compiled u have to only add these from its location...in its lower version u have to compile libraries
core gen
sim prim
unisim
in this way u can link d libraries

way 2 work on ISE navigator
after design entry compile by ISE then i check d simulation through modelsim
on top left simulation/synthesis and other option given choose from there

now synthesis ur design
then post simulation PAR then configure and then dump over fpga/cpld....this completes ur work on ISE

modelsim se and ise 11

OK!

But in modelsim library I do for "add new library" and I search a compiled library in xilinx ISE dir. But I don't find it. Where are ?

If I have understand, you design your total project in ISE ( schematic or vhdl code, testbench ) and launch modelsim ( simulator ise default ) to check your design. Is correct ?

No need to copy and paste src code. I'll try this mode. Thank you.

:cry::cry::cry: May you indicate me where are the compiled library ?

adding modelsim path to ise

Read about "compxlib" in xilinx.

modelsim se vs ise

Thank you.

I found it. On Ise by compxlib, I compile unisim, coregen...... library and a modelsim.ini file is created in the project dir.

And so, I added this library path in my modelsim.ini. In this way I can simultate with modelsim without launching it inside ISE.

Thank you very much.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back