Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a help to find a sensor to measure Linear displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojvalan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I want to measure a linear displacement between two blades through that I can set the gap b/w them. Sensor range is 0-25mm and accuracy should be less than .01.I was searching for the sensor throughout the day. But I am not sure which one I can select for this. Please help me to find a suitable sensor for this application.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Manoj

Re: need a help to find a sensor to measure Linear displacem

If the meter can contact the blades, you could use a digital micrometer (about $25.), which is able to read linear displacement, mechanicaly. They have a range of about 4 inches, can read out inches or mm, and have the resolution you specify. If no contact is allowed, but a reflector can be attached, you could use an optical interferometer, which has resolution of less than a micron. Or use a capacitive proximity sensor, which may be able to resolute at your spec. Depends on your budget and specifics of your application. Try googleing the one above that could work for your specs. Pat

manojvalan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back