Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Step Response for cascaded filter & CIC filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafukarfoo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
step response of cic filter

Hi Sir/Madam,

I had done an evaluation using
1. CIC filter with decimator factor of 128
2. CIC filter with decimator factor of 32 and 2 half band filter.

I am seeing the time needed for the filter to get stable is longer for option 2 above.

What i did is i run a step response for filter option 1 and filter option 2.

I attached the foils for your better understanding.

Can you let me know whether this is make sense? Thanks.

cic filter step response

I am seeing the time needed for the filter to get stable is longer for option 2 above.
It's the group delay of the FIR filter, according to the respective number of taps. Everything is normal operation. A suitable choice of filter characteristic depends on your application, which you didn't tell about.

is a cic filter stable

Hi FvM,

I am using this filter to reduce the frequency sampling rate.

Do you think i can use different filter structure to reduce the group delay of the FIR filter?

For example, let's talk about a simple low pass 4 tap FIR filter and use direct form structure to implement this filter.

Is there any different if i use a serial multiplication and parallel multiplication? that mean for serial multiplication, i need to run 4 multiplication on 4 clock delay before i get a new output. And for parallel multiplication, i run 4 multiplication on each clock and output a new value on each clock.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back