Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal distorted after CIC filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafukarfoo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Sir/Madam,

Can anyone here let me know why the amplitude of the signal get distorted after it go through the CIC filter?

Is is due to the passband of the CIC filter is not flat?

I had try to cascade the CIC filter with compensator filter and i see the passband quite flat (+/- 4dB) but i still see the same problem. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Thanks.

Hi FvM,

The amplitude of the sine wave is not equal. Some of the sine wave doesn't reach the neccesary peak value.

Thanks

Hi FvM,

Let's say i pump in a input sine wave of 10kHz to the filter.

The amplitude of this sine wave input is a constant.

And the output sine wave from the filter is not constant. That why i say the output signal is distorted. Hope this clear.

Thanks.

Still unclear without knowing the CIC filter parameters and sampling frequency. But I think, it can happen with a low order CIC, if the decimated sampling frequency is near to an integer multiply of signal frequency. I would designate it an interference rather than a distortion.

P.S.: The decimated sampling rate is possibly too low to reproduce the sine waveform correctly. The numerical magnitude is probably constant or at least much less varying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back