Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with reading CSD, CID registers and also reading and writing to SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepak350

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on interfacing SD card to mc9s08aw16. I have used CMD0 and CMD1 to initialised the card and have got the required response from the card.
I have a problem to read CSD, CID registers and also to read and write to SD card.
When I send CMD9 to SD card and wait for the 0x00 response first and then wait for 0xFE followed by the 16bytes from CSD. But the SD card only returns 0xFF and nothing else.
When I send CMD17 to SD card, I get the 0x00 command response but I do not receive 0xFE data response.
I have gone through a lot of forums and websites regarding this and none seemed to have helped me.
Can someone help me out on this!

Regards,
Deepak

Hi,
How do you give the power to the sd card?(3.3V)

Perhaps, the power supply of the sd card couldn't supply enough current to the card. It is a problem which has been lived frequently.

Firat

Status
Not open for further replies.