Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there other software like proteus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomba

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Proteus OR ….

Is there other software like proteus?

Please if there is another, tell witch is the best.

Thanks in advance

Re: Proteus OR ….

If you use search system with searching key "proteus" you'll find here some interesting comparision among different simulators.
For instance, (though with some unaccuracies) the one below worth you give it a look.

**broken link removed**

As I guess, if you are looking for uP emulation/simulation, and regret to spend a fortune into a real time emulator (and you are pretty hobbist) I can personally confirm Virtual Breadboard ( https://www.virtualbreadboard.com ). Version 1.1 and 1.2 are downloadable for free. It's an honest environment (java based) where you can simulate PIC and small amount of other chips and simple devices. However, IMO, it is unsuitable for professional purposes.

Another multi-uP simulator was UMPS, by Virtual Micro Design. I don't know if they still selling it, but for what I can remember, it was equipped with good endowment of simulated microprocessor targets. However, still in this case, it's thousand miles far from the unbeated Proteus's features.

With above mentioned simulation tools or many other specialized uP simulators (java virtal machine based), however, you are limited in what you can simulate. Often, you cannot debug at high-level (i.e. only assembly), or may have limited possibilities when emulating internal peripherals, or cannot simulate your drawing at whole.
These are the worst limitations these programs exhibit.

Though proteus has not a full library supported yet, it has all tools to create whatever you need, provided that you have the "know-how" and have some general competence to do it, and/or you have the patience to get a full read with all supplied documentation.

Reactions: blooz

blooz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back