Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on QUICCStart MPC8540 Evaluation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

123vincent

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, our college has QUICCStart MPC8540 Evaluation System networking processor, but the sad part is that no professor has worked on this processor earlier. my project revolves around this.

i am tryin to design a cryptographic algorithm and implementing it in this 8540 processor. But i m really at a fix how should i start???.........n whether i'm going in the right direction or not. please plz help me out.

thnks in advance

hey frnds,

any little help from u will work wonder for me........so xpecting ur advices......

regards,
vincent

Hello vincent

Im in the same boat as you, trying to bring up this board from the bone pile.

A few things to start: do you have UBOOT running on your board - can you talk to it at all?

Do you have a BDI2000 emulator or the WireTAP emulator?

Do you have tool chains installed, or not, or do you not know what Im talking about :)

What have you got other than the actual board?

What is your goal? Bring up linux and run user apps?

The difficulty Im running into with the board is that the tools are so old they dont run under any reasonably new Linux. The BSP from Metrowerks looks older than dirt. I presumably have a decent uboot and bsp building with gcc 3.4.4 under Ubuntu 8.10 but I havent quite got everything working yet. But soon. Let me know what you're looking for and perhaps I can provide something to get you going.

-R7

Status
Not open for further replies.