Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(Orcad ) Printing the drill hole in its real size??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameelgamal

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad keep drill holes open

Hi....
every time I print a PCB design, I choose keep drill hole open option
but the printed hole size is too small
please note that I have increased the drill hole size in the spreadsheet, but it doesn't work!!!
So, How to print the drill hole size in its actual size???

drill holes open size

Hi!...
The drills diameters are defined on the drill layer (*.DRL).
You just need to add a new layer to the "post process settings".
e. g.:
"Options --> Post Process Settings"
RMC (Right Mouse Clic) "New..." --> "Properties"
File Name: *.DRL
Plot Title: Drills
Keep Drill Holles Open: UNCHECKED!
Select the new row "*.DRL" --> RMC --> "Preview"
"Options --> Colors"
Set your usual needed layers AND add The "Default DRILL" layer.

That's all... ;-)
I hope, I could help...

Regards,
PTK

drill hole sizes

Thank you for replying
but it doesnt work with me...
this is what I get

orcad drill holes size

Hi!

Your result is the "*.DRD" layer (Drill Drawing). It's just in order to a documentation use. You can show this layer by pressing "SHIFT+5".
What you need is the "*.DRL" layer (as described above). You can show this layer by pressing "SHIFT+6".
Your screenshot displays the "*.DRD* layer of your workspace. For a useful print-out, you have to follow the steps I described above.

Good luck!
PTK

PS: For printing from the "Post Process Settings..." window, you just have to select the required row and on RMC, choose the "Plot to print manager..." option and follow the usual print instructions...

drill hole printing

Im working on a single side board, So I have only the 'Bottom layer'....Ok
I want to preview both the 'bottom layer' and 'drill layer' together, So I can print them together in one sheet.
pressing 'shift+6' sucessed in previewing the two layers, but I still cant print them together (see attachment pic please)

Could you explain again how to print these two layers together
thanx......

printing in orcad

Hi!
The "SHIFT+..." shortcuts are just to be used for showing the different layers in the workspace.
For printing your "BOT + DRL" layers you need to set up the "Post Processing". Please consider the following steps:

1 - "Options --> Post Process Settings"
2 - In the "Post Process" window, on RMC (Right Mouse Clic) select "New..." (--> a new row appears in the "Post Process"window)
3 - Select this new row with LMC (Left Mouse Clic) and on RMC select "Properties" (--> the "Post Process Settings window appears)
4 - In the "Post Process Settings" window,
. check the format "Extended Gerbers"
. check the option "Keep Drill Holes Open" (the other options are not relevant in that case. You may keep them checked)
. the File name is not relevant. E. g "*.B+D" for bottom and drill
. the Plot Title is not relevant. E. g. "Bot + Drills"
. check "Center on Page"
. "Scale Ratio": 1 to 1
5 - Select the row "*.B+D" with LMC (Left Mouse Clic) and on RMC select "Preview"
6 - "Options --> Colors" (--> the Color window appears)
7 - On RMC select "New..." (--> the "Add Color Rule" window appears)
8 - Check Rule "Background", Layer "-" --> OK
9 - Goto step 7
10 - Check Rule "Default", Layer "BOTTOM" --> OK
11 - Goto step 7
12 - Check Rule "Defautl", Layer "DRILL" --> OK
13 - Goto step 7
14 - Check Rule "Grid dot", Layer "-" --> OK
15 - In the color window
. select the row "Background" and on RMC choose the color "White"
. select the row "Default BOTTOM" and on RMC choose the color "Black"
. select the row "Default DRILL" and on RMC choose the color "Black"
. select the row "Grid Dot" and on RMC select "Visible<>Invisible"
. and so on... (you just have to choose the objects and/or the layers you want to make visible or not and to assign them the color you wish (black and white is better for printing))
16 - Wenn your color setup is complete, close the "Color" window AND back in the "Post Process" window, on RMC select "Save Colors"!!!
NOTE that while setting the Color Rules, you can verify the result by looking in real time into your workspace.
17 - In the "Post Process" window, Select the row "*.B+D" with LMC and on RMC select "Plot to Print Manager..." and follow the usual print instructions...

Good luck!...
PTK

Re: printing in orcad

OrCAD User said:
Hi!
The "SHIFT+..." shortcuts are just to be used for showing the different layers in the workspace.
For printing your "BOT + DRL" layers you need to set up the "Post Processing". Please consider the following steps:

2 - In the "Post Process" window, on RMC (Right Mouse Clic) select "New..." (--> a new row appears in the "Post Process"window)
3 - Select this new row with LMC (Left Mouse Clic) and on RMC select "Properties" (--> the "Post Process Settings window appears)
. check the option "Keep Drill Holes Open" (the other options are not relevant in that case. You may keep them checked)
. check "Center on Page"
5 - Select the row "*.B+D" with LMC (Left Mouse Clic) and on RMC select "Preview"
9 - Goto step 7
11 - Goto step 7
13 - Goto step 7
15 - In the color window
. and so on... (you just have to choose the objects and/or the layers you want to make visible or not and to assign them the color you wish (black and white is better for printing))
16 - Wenn your color setup is complete, close the "Color" window AND back in the "Post Process" window, on RMC select "Save Colors"!!!
NOTE that while setting the Color Rules, you can verify the result by looking in real time into your workspace.
17 - In the "Post Process" window, Select the row "*.B+D" with LMC and on RMC select "Plot to Print Manager..." and follow the usual print instructions...

Good luck!...
PTK
It's doest work :cry:

Re: printing in orcad

rgbled said:
OrCAD User said:
Hi!

. check "Center on Page"
9 - Goto step 7
11 - Goto step 7
13 - Goto step 7
15 - In the color window

Good luck!...
PTK
It's doest work :cry:

Its worked for me. My Orcad version is 9.2. Please try again. May be u Miss some thing something. After adding DRL layer to post process list save colors.

Good luck
madhuraka

yeah I tried alot of time but it didn't work ? can you show me some picture that you worked with the guide above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back