Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless notice board help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujayjp700

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wireless notice board

hi all,
i am doing a project on wireless notice board using two PIC16f877s,one interfaced to a PC and transmitter and the other to a receiver with a LCD module.
to increase the range i have thought of involving a GSM kit so that using SMS i can display the data reqd on the notice board. the problem is i dont know a thing about the GSM kit nor how to interface it to the controller. if anyone can come up with some suggestion and schematics it would be deeply appreciated. thank you.

wireless notice board

U need 2 GSM modems.What i suggest u is u make a GUI application to send the message from the pc and GSM modem no extra circuitry.

And at the receiver side u just read the sms and display that into display.

will u please provide the schematic & code which u made without GSM

wireless notice board projects

1. What is the range u needed? What is the size of data exchanges?
2. Expecting Data rate?
3. GSM uses licensed band.
4. Have you thought about the cost?

Why don't you try other wireless options?

best wishes

notice board display gsm kit

There are other wireless chips from analog semiconductor and cyprus
they can provide more than 20m of range easily

but you can use high range RF transceivers with amplifiers and a good antenna to increase the range
and give more current to the wireless kit ( under the range specified ) to increase the range
But if you want to go for GSM you can get ready made kits in market but the problem is to configure it

real time applications of wireless notice board

hi,

I am also doing same project
Can u please provide the documents(Schimatic and code ) with you, with or with out GSM module.

thanx

sir we are doing project on wireless LCD notice board using bluetooth can you guide us with some more advancement in the same project .
kindly mention merits of the present technique used and what advancement can be made in the same project

As the said project is for educational purpose, one may demonstarte the working using low cost TLP TX RX modules working on 433 Mhz which will deliver a range upto 100 Meters. For actual use a GSM module like the SIM300 may be considered...Cheers

Hi! all
I am also working on the same project. I have a querry regarding GSM modem. Do i really av to buy GSM modem or can i use an old mobile set in fact?

Hi! all...I am also working on the same project. I have a querry regarding GSM modem. Do i really av to buy GSM modem or can i use an old mobile set in fact?
You may use any old mobile but make sure that the communicating protocols of the same copes with that of the hardware you use. Need to connect the specific hw pins to pins and may need to modify the code a bit.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back