Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WINCC help - SCADA over Web project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wincc help

Hello,
I've to carry out my final year project which is scada implementation over web. Well im new to plc so i need your help. We've got Siemens s7-300 plc and the industrial processes to be monitored and controlled are of a boiler that is we've to monitor temperature & pressure inside the boiler and accordingly adjust them, the flow rate of cold water in to & out of the boiler and the accumulated water inside (the level). We've decided to use Wincc software as the HMI so that we could also set up a web server and client application. Someone has told me that Wincc is dedicately used for multiple plc stations connected for multiple plant monitoring, and well we've got only one plc connected to our system that is only one plant to be monitored so im confused whether we sould use wincc or not? Another thing that i need to ask that in which case do we have to set up a plc mater slave configuration for scada application and do we require master plc and a slave plc to monitor our plant?

wincc temperature

not problem if use WinCC with one PLC station through Profibus network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back