Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meshing problem: Ferrite Loop antenna HFSS simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenisol3

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ferrite loop antenna hfss

I was wondering if someone would help me or give me ideas about a problem I'm having with meshing in HFSS. I'm simulating a ferrite rod loop antenna (like those in AM radios) with 90 turns and is 5.4cm long. This antenna receives a 1MHz carrier signal. The problem is, with many turns and the frequency so low, the radiation boundary is rather large (~75m) for a far-field radiation pattern while the size of the antenna is very small. Its almost like a point source. This consumes a lot of memory during the meshing stage (16GB RAM) and still fails.

One feedback that I got is to slice the structure and insert a symmetry boundary (perfect E or H) but I don't see how this might solve the problem. I've attached a .zip file of the model.

Many thanks! ~fenisol3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back