Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital potentiometer- potentiometer nr shows in 7 segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranggaperdana_06114

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
digital potentiometer

hai bro i want make digital potentiometer use similiar part and design. the number of potentiometer show in 7 segmen but not with microprocessor. if somebody know about this please share with me.
tanx

digital potentiometer

It surely can work with discrete logic devices, e. g. CD4000 or 74HC family, but the part count must be expected much higher than with a microprocessor, that would allow true single chip designs. But it had been the usual way some decades ago.

Re: digital potentiometer

I don't know what you're going to use your digital potmeter for. But have you considered if it will work with a variable current sink?

Then you can have an arbitrary number of bits in that is used to control the output current.

You need:
* a simple DA converter (a handful of resistors - R + 2R)
* Opamp
* BJT transistor and a resistor (low value) where voltage over thhis resistor makes the current.

ranggaperdana_06114 said:
what kind of series are for the component?
About any opamp will work.
Beside that, you use just regular resistors and buffer. Good choice could be R=10kΩ

You're free to decide if 2R would be two resistors in serie or if R would be two in parallel. You won't get combination R and 2R out of the usual E12 serie.

And for the buffer you can the TTL circuit 7407.

Perhaps this circuit would be of help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back