Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Poisson's equation in cylindrical coordinates

Status
Not open for further replies.

subharpe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
poisson equation cylindrical coordinates

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with some reference or some technique to solve Poisson's eqiation in cylindrical coordinates?

Thanks

poisson equation

Are you looking for an analytical solution to the differential equations or do you want a numerical solution because you are modeling some sort of device?

-Tip

poisson equation cylindrical coordinate

I need analytical solution. I want to apply the boundary conditions and solve the problem.

cylindrical poisson equation

This equation is very common in several areas of science and engineering. Here are two of them so you will have some key words to search for.

Electrostatics
The Poisson equation is very common in electromagnetics to solve static (not changing with time) problems. Essentially is computes the electric potential function given the distribution of charge.

Mechanical Engineering
The Poisson equation arises often in heat transfer problems and fluid dynamics. In turbulent flow problems, Poisson's equation is used to compute the pressure.

Hope this helps!
-tip

poisson equation cylindrical

Hi,

Thanks for your benevolent help. I found the ways to solve Poisson's equation in cylindrical co-ordinates with recourse of Green's function.

electric potential cylindrical coordinates

hi all
Subharpe,
Do you want to solve Poisson's equation in cylindrical coordinates by numerical or analytical methods?

poisson equation spherical coordinates

Analytical, as I mentioen in previous posts, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.