Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image processing through AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

iftikhar_abid

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
image processing avr

Dear buddies

I am about to start working on image recognition system using AVR i.e ATmega48. If any one has any idea for matching a picture pattern which is stored in the EPRom to the out side world through a camera connected to the controller. If the picture pattern matches the controller perform some sort of task.

The problem is that i dont have any idea how to make the Algorithm for this project.

Regards,
Iftikhar Abid
Electronic Engineer

avr image processing

Hai

I dont think AVR is not capable of handling such task.

BTW is it a still picture or streaming video?

try ARM or DSP

Nandhu

image processing with avr

please google for avrcam project. It might help you.

processing image with avr

am about to start working on image recognition system using AVR i.e ATmega48. If any one has any idea for matching a picture pattern which is stored in the EPRom to the out side world through a camera connected to the controller. If the picture pattern matches the controller perform some sort of task.

The problem is that i dont have any idea how to make the Algorithm for this project.

MMmmmm. Doing image comparaison is VAGUE .do you mean pattern or shape .Do you mean metrics .Is a very extensive field .If you want to compare a face or a Thumb print ???
In any case . NEVER ..NEVER start selecting the tool ( AVR) ..Do an evaluation first on how much power computation do you need then CHOOSE the tool.

I am also interested in detecting a face from a static picture.

Are there such algorithm where I can detect multiple faces in different orientation
from a picture? Let say if the picture has a picture of a person laying down on a couch etc etc at different angle? I am not interested in matching the face with a database just wanting to detect that there is a face in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back