Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is E1, E2, E3 interface ports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitjagtap

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is e1

hi all
I want know what is E1, E2, E3 interface ports .... these are used as Encryptor input or output ...same as Ethernet port RJ-45.
Does any standard is fixed with E1, E2 and E3 like speed... etc....
Pls let me know...
Thanking you..

e3 interface

do you know what kind of interface port are ? Such as G703... standard. If you want to understand, i'll send its document to you

what is e1 interface

these r just standereds for communication,like E1 has 32 time slots with datarate of 64Kbps,where E3 is i think 16 times of E1

All these kind of Interfaces are came from SDH/SONET technology. Basically we have E0,E1,2,3,4 Interfaces.

IN early 80,90 Voice signals were being transmitted at rate of 64K, & Idea was to use the same media to transmit the data over same media. Basically each E1 contains the 32 channels & each & every channel has capacity of 64 K. Hence E1 = 32 CHANNELS x 64 Kbps = 2048 KBPS /2.048 M. Similarly all other speeds are calculated.

E-0 64 kbps
E-1 2.048 Mbps
E-2 8.45 Mbps
E-3 34 Mbps
E-4 144 Mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back