Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to setup and measure DNL and INL in Cadence Spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolstuff07

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

What is the setup for INL and DNL and hoew to measure
INL and DNL in cadence spectre.

Bye.

inl dnl calculation

Use a linear or stair case ramp of about 1bit/sample, and compare the converter's output to its input (reconvert the output by an ideal anti-converter, if necessary). You must take care of the time latency, apparently, (either in time or in voltage/bit domain).
For INL/DNL calculation, use their standard definitions, respectively.

dnl inl

I thought I saw some verilog-a code on Poulton's site to automagically calculate INL/DNL...

inl dnl calculations

could you please share it ?
thanks very much

lladnar23 said:
I thought I saw some verilog-a code on Poulton's site to automagically calculate INL/DNL...

inl calculation

erikl said:
Use a linear or stair case ramp of about 1bit/sample, and compare the converter's output to its input (reconvert the output by an ideal anti-converter, if necessary). You must take care of the time latency, apparently, (either in time or in voltage/bit domain).
For INL/DNL calculation, use their standard definitions, respectively.

Hi, the histogram testing is also popular, in which the sinusoidal wave input is added. what do you think?

inl dnl pdf

iamxo said:
Hi, the histogram testing is also popular, in which the sinusoidal wave input is added. what do you think?

Sure, this is also a very valuable method, however needs more effort in simulation and data processing. S. e.g. p.3 (Fig. 8 ) of the PDF below. Fig. 10 on p. 4 shows the standard DNL / INL presentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.