Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDO voltage regulator transient analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadiit

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
regulator transient

Hi all, could you please help me in finding the transient analysis of the LDO voltage regulator. Attached below

You want to simulate the transient behaviour... or predict it on paper ...?

if it is just about simulation ... simply close the loop and ramp the supply to regulator from 0 to vDD in say 1u or 1msec... and observe the behaviour of different nodes

ahmadiit said:
Hi all, could you please help me in finding the transient analysis of the LDO voltage regulator. Attached below

apply pulse load current (from no load to full load) and observe whether the ldo can regulate the output or not...... also, check out for voltage during current trasition (oscillate)

you want to know how to do transient analysis for a LDO
i think, you can do like this:
1: give no current output to check the stability, you can see the when the system is power on, there is a dump oscillation or not.
2: give max output current to check the drive ability. see the output voltage and devices' workarea.
3: check the power suppy range, use min and max power supply to repeat step 1 and 2.

i think for a transient analysis, this is enough, the AC analysis is more important.

ahmadiit said:

thank you i will do it and let you know the further results

Status
Not open for further replies.