Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for an FPGA development board purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malik_123

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga buy

i want to buy some low cos fpga starter kit

i am new to fpga wanted to have the kit so that i can learn the basic of the fpga desiging

what will be good

Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit
or
Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA

i will be gladfull if i get information on some other good kits ,

thanks

xilinx fpga kit

Depends a little bit of what you want. A full-featured system, where you just put power on and go? Or a more simple board where you add your own electronics on a kind of prototype board. Do you need memory on the development board?

I'm a little bit biased to @ltera, because I use it, and because I hear rather a lot of comments that the tools are a bit easier to start with. From component side of view, if you want a low cost starter kit, the componenets used are the more cheap cyclone/spartan devices, and are comparable.

For starters : www.fpga4fun.com

Stefaan

from where i can buy xilinx fpga kit in pune

Hello
I have DE1 FPGA kit from Terasic.
www.terasic.com
Board incudes some peripherals like Audio Codec, VGA output etc. In my opinion it is quite good evaluation kit. The board have two 40-pin expanding connectors. Additionally you may buy a different daughter cards (with 5MP camera, LCD dispalys etc) for these evaluation board so you may create wide range of applications.
Quite similar is DE2 which consist Ethernet PHY and 16x2 LCD.

Eval kit for SPARTAN-3E is quite similar to DE2 and propably he is cheaper than DE2.

Best regards

cheapest fpga kit

obinobi said:
Hello
I have DE1 FPGA kit from Terasic.
www.terasic.com
Board incudes some peripherals like Audio Codec, VGA output etc. In my opinion it is quite good evaluation kit. The board have two 40-pin expanding connectors. Additionally you may buy a different daughter cards (with 5MP camera, LCD dispalys etc) for these evaluation board so you may create wide range of applications.
Quite similar is DE2 which consist Ethernet PHY and 16x2 LCD.

Eval kit for SPARTAN-3E is quite similar to DE2 and propably he is cheaper than DE2.

Best regards

Is there any company like Terasic but for Xilinx FPGAs ? .. I mean other than Xilinx themselves .. a company that produces solution for Xilinx FPGA kits

de1 fpga

Hello
There is a lot of external companies having evaluation boards based on a Xilinx devices. But do they have modular solutions with daughter cards? For me it's hard to say.

Best regards

fpga board buy

I bought this kit for 2600 Rs. pretty much value for money.

**broken link removed**

best fpga kits

kvingle said:
I bought this kit for 2600 Rs. pretty much value for money.

**broken link removed**

Did you ship it from the US or you already have distributors in India ?
I believe its price is even lower than DHL shipping cost :)

homemade vga camera xilinx

omara007 said:
Is there any company like Terasic but for Xilinx FPGAs ? .. I mean other than Xilinx themselves .. a company that produces solution for Xilinx FPGA kits

That would be Digilent (http://www.digilentinc.com/).

buy fpga kit

Yes .I bought it from a local distributor of AVINET, INDIA.

buy fpga

dear friend.. kvingle,
i wana know much more about the kit and i visited the website also but can u give me some more information. about this kinda programming and its prectical implimentation..

the kit is available for 39 $ and so around 1800 rs.
u bought all the peripherals also ..? for 99$ ( thay say) ..

give me much more information about ur experience with the kit because i need to buy it fast and i got the address of the distributor at PUNE .
IT ALL DEPENDS UPON UR EXPERIENCE WITH THE KIT.
SO please reply me fast so i can buy it fast. and please provide me some programing examples too ( a little) so the forum members can also have a good experience about the kowledge.

thanks friend i m in gujarat.

-RONY

i m a microcontroller programmer.

xilinx spartan 3 starter kit developer from pune

As i said i bought it for 2600 INR(delivered at Mumbai) from the PUNE AVINET distributor. No, I didn't took the accessories as it was costlier than kit itself :D
The kit is really great to start with FPGA and PSoC.
It also includes its USB programming cable(that is a great feature as USB FPGA programmers are expensive. XILINX USB platform cable will cost you around 225 dollars, though you can have a homemade parallel programmer, USB is todays Buzzword) P.S. The programming cable is specific to this kit only and uses a small AVINET utility (Not impact) to program.
FPGA density is good enough for a starter. As given in the link above the pcb has temp sensor, serial and parallel memory and plenty of other feature. It also inlclude 6.4 GB DVD of software bundled by XILINX. including Xilinx ISE 10.1, EDK and all other xilinx EDA tools. (saves a lot of bandwidth)
and don't go by the price 39 dollars..It may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.