Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Webserver on personal PC - web server on my router

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzomor

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Webserver on personal PC

Hi

I am trying t setup a simple webserver on my PC and did the following steps
-give static IP address to my PC out of the DHCP range of my router
-configure the vertual servers of my router to accept TCP traffic on port 80 and forward it to the static IP address of my PC
-register on dyndns.org and get a domain name for my server
-configure my router to update the dyndns with my dynamic IP address
-install dyndns IP updater.

now when I try to access my webserver from http: , I get the web server on my router and not the one on my PC.

So what's wrong with my settings. and how can I avoid this problem?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www()i-g()org

Re: Webserver on personal PC

Hi

I think to solve your problem you need an IIS(Internet Information Service) software that will enable you accomplish your goal. Windows Server has it among its services and works well as a web server. you can Google it and find more information and if it is the one, then download.

There are other software that can do the same job and have other capabilities that might interest you, i.e sql server and a file server. For more information you can look at xampp or wampp. if it works out for you let me. thanks

Good Luck

Kind Regards

Fullforce:D

Thanks fullforce,

I already installed IIS on my PC and test it using 127.0.0.1 and my IP address
and it's working if I check it from my PC
but when I check it from any PC on the lan using my IP address, I can't connect to the server.

Is there any settings to be done to make the IIS allow access from outside?

Best Regards
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

sounds like your port forwarding for port 80 isn't working/set up correctly.

hi,

if i understood , I think that you should forward one more port...for example..

port address port
80 (your ip) 81
81 (your local ip) 82

Hi.

Have you tried to reach your web server only from inside your private network with your outside address, or you have actually tried also from outside to your outside address.

If first one is true everything is ok because if you have only one outside address, your web server is reachable from inside only with your internal IP address.

If second one is true than something else is wrong, but first I must know what is with first one.

Nice day I wish to you.

Buco.

Status
Not open for further replies.