Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does ADS momentum data support Cadence simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless man

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, All,
Do your know, does the s-paramters (inductor) file generated from ADS Momentum support the PSS simulation in Cadence spectre? I don't want to build a inductor model, that is too complex for me. Thaks.

Yes, the s-parameters that are created by ADS are recognized by Cadence in Tocuhstone, CITI format.
And also, by using RFDE , Cadence will create spectre view for this component.

Hi, bigboss,
May you give me more details about how to invoke the s-para from Momentum to Cadence? or give me some tutorials about this topic. Tks a lot!

wireless man

PSS is a time domain simulation (it depends on the version and on simulation mode you choose, but classical PSS is based on shootin method), while touchstone data are in frequency domain.
So Cadence software has to convert this data from freq domain and let me suggest to check the model it creates by comparing with ofiginal one.

If I was in your shoes, I'll do the effort to build a lumped model.

Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back