Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bad inverter on PSU for Polaroid LCD TV - Need Repair Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

IjabaFilms

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
polaroid lcd tv repair

I bought a Polaroid 15" LCD TV (TLA-01511C) with a bad inverter with the intention of repairing it. However, I did not know the inverter on this model is not a seperate unit. It is right on the PSU. The PSU itself seems to be fine, since it does turn the TV on and keeps it on. But the screen comes up fine for about 5 minutes then the backlights turn off and one can still see the screen is working when using a flashlight on it.

So I see two scenerios here:
1. Repair the inverter. How can I repair the inverter when it's on the PSU?
Part#: 200-000-XXXXTLTX-AH

2. I really want to do away with the PSU alltogether. Is there a way to get a 12v DC jack to work on the mainboard itself so I can use a 12v battery pack instead of plugging this thing into the wall all the time? Does anyone know if it is possible to add a DC jack to this board?

*for instance, I purchased another mainboard for another TV and it has a DC jack right on the mainboard so there was no seperate PSU and that worked out well. Right now the only place power is coming into the mainboard is through a 14 pin female header connector. On the PSU there is a 14 pin right angle header.

If I do away with the PSU, I'd then use a seperate working inverter (I've already bought) to run the backlights assuming this empty connector on the mainboard could be used for that. There is an empty connector J6 on the mainboard. Does anyone know what this connector is for? Could I possibly plug in a seperate inverter there to run the backlights?

Here are photos of both the mainboard and PSU: (descriptions are at the bottom of each photo)
**broken link removed**

I just found this and I'm wondering if I can use this on the mainboard instead of the current PSU: http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/it.A/id.417/.f

Thanks!

Re: Bad inverter on PSU for Polaroid LCD TV - Need Repair He

Hey,

Did you ever figure out a solution for this issue? I have polaroid 17" lcd with the same issue. please let me know.

Thanks
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.