Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about paralel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbrick

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I build a digital input / output board for paralel port of PC
I run setup of PC while booting and set the paralel port to EPP mode

when sending bytes to the I/O board everything runs perfect - I can set and reset outputs and so on

but when I try to read from the board - I realized (while looking at the osciloscope) that the paralel ports data port still try to drive the data lines - My circuit try to give a "0" to a data line - the paralel port tries to pull it high ("1",the last information which was output) - so i read wrong data from the board

In the Jan Axelson's book it says make the control port bit 5, "1" for reading from outside world

I did the bit 5, "1" - nothing changes
the data port still tries to drive the data lines

does anybody have an idea ? how can I overcome this ?

Assalamo Allykum !

How are you ?

When you have done the 5th bit of the Control Line to "1" Then before strat to reading the Data from Data Line make all the Data Lines as input mean set '1' on all data lines aand after that start to read the data.

Have a Nice Day.

TAke Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back