Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why clapp oscillator can reduce frequency drift compared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryADS

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clapp oscillator

Hi friends,
I am reading oscillator design documents that introduces the colpitts and clapp oscillator.In the text,it introduces clapp oscillator can reduce frequency drift adding the cap serial with inductor compared with colpitts oscillator.I can not get the reason.Anyone kindly give me interpretion?
Thanks

clapp oscillator design

Clapp oscillator actually is a modified Colpitts (using a series capacitor in the tuned LC circuit). Because the Clapp series coupling capacitor has lower value than the Colpitts coupling capacitor, there will be less influence to the active element (and feedback capacitors) into the LC tank circuit, this creating a better frequency stability.

working of a clapp oscillator

hi..i am quite new in this topic.. what is your reference(book, article) to say that??
thanks
vfone said:
Clapp oscillator actually is a modified Colpitts (using a series capacitor in the tuned LC circuit). Because the Clapp series coupling capacitor has lower value than the Colpitts coupling capacitor, there will be less influence to the active element (and feedback capacitors) into the LC tank circuit, this creating a better frequency stability.

how to reduce frequency in circuit

From "RF and Microwave Transsitor Oscillator Design" by ANDREI GREBENNIKOV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back