Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay spark noise on avr at90$8515

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
relay lamp avr

Hi
My avr micro 8515 on/off a relay by a ULN2803 driver,when relay have no load everything goed well,but when I attached a 100w lamp as load to relay contacts the avr resets when turns the lamp OFF.

I used the snubber circuit across contacts but problem remains.

Please guide me.

Regards

avr at90

you might want to try a triac/scr type switch. Some of these come with opto isolator type inputs. They turn off by waiting until the ac line current reaches zero and then opening up. This way there are no severe line transients.

realay noise on avr

How is your snubber ?

Single 100nF or 220nF usualy solves this problem.

avr + relay driver

I replaced the at90s8515 which is not good and very noisy with at90mega16 and the problem was solved but I made an adaptor to fit it.

regards

opto isolator relay noise

Hi,

I don't really know AVR micros, but I share some of my experience with PIC.

I have a circuit with PIC16f876 that turns 30A (220 AC) relay; and even producing noise with a connection made with touching to wires of the load, every thing works well.

I use 100nF Cap from Vss to Vdd

HH

NeuralC

relay spark

Did you add "Freewheeling" diode across the relay coil?

If your relay and your MCU are operated at different supply (such as relay at 12V, MCU at 5V), suggest to add some opto-isolator at the relay driver input.

Status
Not open for further replies.