+ Post New Thread
    Full Member level 2

Helped
    2 / 2
    Level

Most widely used PCB editor in industry

What is the most widely used PCB Editor program in companies that design electronics? I would like to see replies from people that actually work int the industry.

•   AltAdvertisment

Advanced Member level 2
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    89 / 89
    Level

Most widely used PCB editor in industry

Hi,

there are many tools used in industries and it depends on your needs and your like ness towards a tools.
    I have worked on Cadence, Mentor and altium and I would say that each has its advantages and disadvantages.
    So I would say that it is upto you that on which tool you are more comfortable and you use that tool only.

Ricky

•   AltAdvertisment

Full Member level 2

Helped
    2 / 2
    Level

Re: Most widely used PCB editor in industry

Thanks for your reply! The reason I am asking is because I want to learn PCB routing software, but I don't want to waste my time learning something that is widely unknown and not used anywhere. Besides knowledge of commonly used PCB routing software will look good on my resume.

•   AltAdvertisment

Advanced Member level 4

Helped
    410 / 410
    Level

Re: Most widely used PCB editor in industry

For PCB layout, the number one market share belongs to Cadence Allegro in big business. Designers get top dollar for their knowledge of the Cadence EDA suite.

The next largest EDA packages are fairly evenly divided between PADS and Altium Designer. Smaller market shares go to Zuken, and PCAD (now discontinued and replaced by Altium Designer).

Of course there are several other PCB layout programs, but they only have a minor share of the market.

--[[ ]]--